To receive funding from external sources, you first have to find funders whose eligibility criteria, philosophies, and funding focus align with you and your project.
RDS can help you identify appropriate funding opportunities, and help you with Pivot, the UO external-funding search tool.
With this tool you will be able to:
- create specific, continuously updated searches for opportunities that align with your research projects
- search for internal funding opportunities
- see UO deadlines for limited submission grants
- collaborate with your colleagues at the university and across the globe
5 Simple Steps to Set Up and Use Pivot
- Create/ Login to your account
- Claim & update your profile: Claiming and keeping your profile updated enables better funding opportunity matching. It also increases visibility for you and your institutions, so you are more easily discovered by other users and potential collaborators.
- Search, save & share funding searches
- Set alerts and manage your preferences
- Collaborate: Create groups of people from profile search results for easy opportunity collaboration.
- Quick Start Guide
- Quick Search Guide
- Educational YouTube channel
- Training and Knowledge
- RDS PowerPoint Presentation
To get you started, RDS has created curated searches based on general search criteria targeting broad academic disciplines. Click on one of the buttons to explore a list.
Though Pivot does list federal opportunities, many researchers who know the agency to which they want to apply. Below are direct links to a variety of federal agencies' active funding opportunities.
- Grants.gov. Grants.gov is the single point of access for searching competitive funding opportunities from more than 900 grant programs offered by the 26 federal grant-making agencies.
- Institute of Education Sciences (IES)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Endowment for the Arts (NEA)
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
- National Institute of Health (NIH)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- US Department of Agriculture - NIFSA
- US Department of Education
Links to funded Federal awards
Looking at what has been funded by an agency in the past can be a good way to get an idea as to whether an agency might be interested in your research plan. Below are links to the agency websites that list past awards.